Floppy/Zip Probs SOLVED

Subject: Floppy/Zip Probs SOLVED
From: John Boyarsky (jboyarsky@ftyukon.yfsd.schoolzone.net)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 04:28:45 MST

I got it I got it!!

I was trying to use MSDos as the FS for floppies & zips, figuring thats
the go-between for the ext2 and Apple's hfs systems.. It's what i used
whne i set up RedHat on the school Pantium1 so I could dload stuff on
the Mac and input it into the P1 redhat sys...

Nooooo... not necessary with YDL.. I just used hfs in the /etc/fstab
and it worked flawlessly with my zip AND my floppy.

instead of "/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy msdos, exec,dev,suid,rw,noauto 0,0"

I used /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy hfs, exec,dev,suid,rw,noauto 0,0

and /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip hfs, exec,dev,suid,rw,noauto 0,0

Cool beans.
but now I have greater problems.. see another note.

Thanks! Hope this helps anyone else,

John Boyarsky
got it, but now I am screwed...

I originally said:

No luck getting floppy to work.

You suggested:

I use it manually - mount /mnt/floppy
That will work if you have set up the /etc/fstab correctly.
to unmount use 'eject /mnt/floppy'

Well tried that and I got the following error:

"fs msdos not supported by this kernel"

though the eject command works.

Here's what my /dev/fd0 line in etc/fstab looks like

/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy msdos, exec,dev,suid,rw,noauto 0,0

Any ideas?

John