Re: Netatalk printer?

Subject: Re: Netatalk printer?
From: Cyril (cyril.niklaus@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 06:31:40 MST

Vanja wrote:

> How can I use local appletalk printer (through ethernet)???
> I followed all leads on the web, but it just won't run.
> Almost all the programs in netatalk package will not run (nbp_lookup:
> Invalid argument , as example).

You probably need to compile your kernel with appletalk. It works for me when
it is not a module, and I had to recompile the kernel to get my netatalk
printer recognized. Works very nicely now. And while you're at it, don't
forget to add OSS sound support too, since that slipped throught them too!
hth
Cyril