Re: CS 1.2 : new zImage-prep 2.2.15 without USB Proc support ???

Subject: Re: CS 1.2 : new zImage-prep 2.2.15 without USB Proc support ???
From: Philippe SENOT (senot@ipc.sciences.univ-metz.fr)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 10:14:49 MST

Thanks.

I already did this command. Now it boots but unfortunately, there is a
instruction in this zImage which reboots quickly and reboots quickly ....
Because this very quick reboot, I have not the time to see and write the
screen . I think , may be, the test of USB Port (not present) crashes the
boot process. I wrote to Dan to tell him what can I do.

I success to boot with zImage 2.2.10 from linuxppc, but the release
installed is 2.2.15-2.9.0). In this case,
Is it possible to build myself a zImage without this test ?

My system : rs/6000 43 P 120Mhz (7248)

Philippe.
At 11:12 17/03/2000 -0700, you wrote:

> > dd if=/boot/zImage-prep-2.2.15-2.9.0 of=/dev/PReP Boot Partition
> >
> > and reboot, the system crashes like when I used your first release of
> > ramdisk_image with USB Proc support.
>
>How does it crash? What is the last thing you see on your screen?

It boots but unfortunately, reboots quickly and reboots quickly ....
Because this very quick reboot, I have not the time to see and write the
screen . I think , may be, the test of USB Port (not present) crashes the
boot process. I just saw : USB Test then Keyboard error then scsi not
detected and ended with VFS Panic cannot open root device 08:02 ...and reboot.

I success to boot with zImage 2.2.10 from linuxppc, and type root=/dev/sda2
on the line boot and then load your new 1.2 ramdisk_image diskette (without
seg fault of first release).

But the release installed is 2.2.15-2.9.0. The system works. In this case,
Is it possible to build myself a zImage without this USB test ? or ...

-----
[ Philippe SENOT | Tel. (+33) 03.87.31.58.63 ]
[ Responsable Service Info du LPMC | Fax. (+33) 03.87.31.58.01 ]
[ Institut de Physique,1 Bd Arago | Abroad replace 03 by 3 above ]
[ 57078 METZ Cedex 3, FRANCE | senot@ipc.sciences.univ-metz.fr]