[OT] Re: Image

Subject: [OT] Re: Image
From: Adam Price (Adam@oldchildrensbooks.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 15:35:06 MST

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Robert Fout wrote:

> I have a 56k modem (connected at 45333 right now) and his image did not take
> THAT long to DL (a few minutes [800K/270K/min]). Yes I agree it could have
> been compressed better (hopefully without lessening readability). Now if the
> image was > 1 MB I could understand, but it was less than 1 MB, so what's a
> few minutes?
>
> > From: "Brian Fisher" <zsynchro@earthlink.net>
> > Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:27:32 -0800
> > To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
> > Subject: Re: : CS 1.2 : new zImage-prep 2.2.15 and scsi reset bug (?)
> >
> > that is a nice image, but please consider those without broadband internet
> > access. your email was about 800k.

Then again there are those of us whose ISPs don't even have broadband
access. The picture came to me at between two and three k per second, at
$3 per hour. I know, you are saying that it only cost me a dime to
download - but I am a cheapskate, and that was an awfully large picture.

Besides - I live in Ecuador, and here the dime is worth two thousand five
hundred Sucres. 2,500! That's a big number! I could have taken two
twenty-minute crosstown bus rides with that dime, and still had enough
left over to buy a bag of peanuts.

-Adam

--
adam@oldchildrensbooks.com