ypserv probs

Subject: ypserv probs
From: Craige McWhirter (craigem@babcockbrown.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 22:44:57 MST

Doggers, I've been getting the following error:

Mar 22 15:20:38 rimmer ypserv[19242]: WARNING: ypserv has to many
running children ! We don't fork

This error will continue to appear in the logs until eventually the
machine disappears off the network (ie: can't ping it). If I don't make
it to the machine quickly enough and re-start ypserv it will completely
lock up. Restarting ypserv and bring up eth0 again will temporarily fix
the problem (it will happen again minutes, hours, days later - but it
will happen again).

I've upgraded ypserv to the latest provided on the YDL errata but the
problem persists. My current work around is to cron a restart of ypserv
at midday and midnight which reduces down time caused by this problem.

I've searched the archives and was unable to find any similar problems.
Does any one have any ideas of what I can do to correct this? BTW, the
problem is identical on both our YDL machines.

Current config (both machines are identical):

Beige G3's
64mb RAM
3G HDD's (IDE)
YDL CS 1.1