Re: does yellowdog have ssh?

Subject: Re: does yellowdog have ssh?
From: Jeff (spike@jeppo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 10:37:06 MST

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 bryan@tummy.com wrote:

> >Might I ask which source you used? (Where did you get it?)

> >> I compiled it from source. It works just fine.
>
> You can get some SRPMs for OpenSSH here:
>
> http://www.tummy.com/krud/srpms/openssl-0.9.4-3.src.rpm.html
> http://www.tummy.com/krud/srpms/openssh-1.2.2-1.src.rpm.html
>
> To compile them do a `rpm --rebuild openssl-0.9.4-3.src.rpm` and a
> `rpm --rebuild openssh-1.2.2-1.src.rpm`. After they're done compiling
> you can cd to /usr/src/redhat/RPMS and you should find a few rpms in
> there. Install the openssl rpms first and then the openssh rpms and
> you should be good to go.
>
> OpenSSH works just like regular ssh, but it doesn't contain any
> patented or proprietary pieces.
>
> Bryan
>
> --
> http://www.tummy.com/ Consulting and Software for Linux and Unix

Unfortunately the link off the openssh-1.2.2-1.src.rpm.html page does not
work, the directory no longer exists. I have found the US mirror for the
latest (as far as I know) versions of OpenSSH.

ftp://thermo.stat.ncsu.edu/pub/openssh/files/
or
ftp://thermo.stat.ncsu.edu/pub/openssh-usa/

Hope this helps.

Jeff