Re: does yellowdog have ssh?

Subject: Re: does yellowdog have ssh?
bryan@tummy.com
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 10:45:45 MST

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Jeff wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 bryan@tummy.com wrote:
>
> > >Might I ask which source you used? (Where did you get it?)

> > You can get some SRPMs for OpenSSH here:
> >
> > http://www.tummy.com/krud/srpms/openssl-0.9.4-3.src.rpm.html
> > http://www.tummy.com/krud/srpms/openssh-1.2.2-1.src.rpm.html
> >
> > To compile them do a `rpm --rebuild openssl-0.9.4-3.src.rpm` and a
> > `rpm --rebuild openssh-1.2.2-1.src.rpm`. After they're done compiling
> > you can cd to /usr/src/redhat/RPMS and you should find a few rpms in
> > there. Install the openssl rpms first and then the openssh rpms and
> > you should be good to go.
> >
> > OpenSSH works just like regular ssh, but it doesn't contain any
> > patented or proprietary pieces.
> >
> > Bryan
> >
> > --
> > http://www.tummy.com/ Consulting and Software for Linux and Unix
> >

> Unfortunately the link off the openssh-1.2.2-1.src.rpm.html page does not
> work, the directory no longer exists. I have found the US mirror for the
> latest (as far as I know) versions of OpenSSH.
>
> ftp://thermo.stat.ncsu.edu/pub/openssh/files/
> or
> ftp://thermo.stat.ncsu.edu/pub/openssh-usa/

I'll get that fixed in a second, but in the mean time you can also download
them from http://www.verinet.com/~arcane/openssh/

It looks like the versions are the same, but I didn't see openssl in the
ftp://thermo.stat.ncsu.edu/pub/openssh/files/ directory. Is openssl only
needed for the US version?

Bryan

--
http://www.tummy.com/ Consulting and Software for Linux and Unix