getting FVWM2 on CS1.2

Subject: getting FVWM2 on CS1.2
From: Andrew Diller (dillera@isc.upenn.edu )
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 11:17:50 MST

Hello- I just installed CS 1.2 on my ibook.

I was excited to see MOL, and its a great solution to running those few mac only programs that I need
to run.

But.... running MOL in Gnome is deathly slow on an ibook. I've given MOL 96 megs (the ibook has 160).
I tried MOL in TWM and it was as fast as the ibook itself!!!

So, I like fvwm. Gnome is too much, and TWM is to little.

The FVWM that came with CS1.2 core dumps on my ibook.

I'm trying to get FVWM 2.2.4 to compile.

1. does anyone have FVWM running on CS1.2?

2. are there any tricks that i can use when starting x to speed it up on the ibook?
      i.e. I've heard of this --mach64 switch to starting x-- does that work on the ibook's video?

thanks,

andy diller