Re: CS1.2 Success! (Newbie question)

Subject: Re: CS1.2 Success! (Newbie question)
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 19:30:39 MST

Toast can burn ISO format files. All you have to do is select "From
Disc Image" or something like that from the menu, and choose the ISO
files as your data.

>Hi Phil,
>
> > I just wanted to congratulate Dan and all the other people who worked
> > so hard to get CS1.2 out on time, more or less. I have not until now
> > had the time to try an install, but I just did it, and it worked
> > perfectly. Very smooth. I am eventually going to do it again on a
> > larger partition, but I just wanted to see that it worked with the CD
> > I burned. So, like I said, it did.
>
>Pardon my very naive question, but I downloaded the YDL install image file
>from the ftp site ("ydl-cs-1.2-install.img"). I have a CD burner and Toast
>4. Because these files are not Mac files, how should I go about burning a CD
>in the appropriate format so I can use it to install YDL? Apple's Disk Copy
>can mount the disk. Can I just go ahead and do a Copy Disk and end up with a
>CD volume that can be mounted on the mac desktop?
>
>I hope this is not too off topic but I do wish to install YDL from an image
>file and am not sure how to go about it without wasting CD's in the wrong
>format.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Rene Quesnel

>René Quesnel
>Instructor, Timbral Ear Training
>Software Tools R&D, Multichannel Audio Research Laboratory
>McGill University, Montréal, Québec, Canada
>voice: +1 514-398-8399
>fax: +1 514-398-8061

"Today's CS lecture will be conducted entirely through the medium of
interpretive dance."
        -Something I've always wanted to hear but never will.