G4 installation weirdness

Subject: G4 installation weirdness
From: Tom Tarka (tommy@mp3.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 12:04:59 MST

Just re-installed YDL (needed to do some repartitioning and wanted to move to
1.2) on
my G4 last night via ftp and I ran into some weirdness.

Namely:

    - when selecting a keyboard, I wasn't given the option to choose USB, only
adb or
            foreign language keyboards

    - mouseconfig died a horrible death and couldn't find my usb mouse (the
standard
            "G3" mouse) then core dumped

    - Xconfigurator died a horrible death. It recognized my video card then
dumped core

anyway...some of these may be related to the fact that I used bootX which i know
has
issues with the G4 (moving to yaboot as soon as I can sort it out, really just
used bootX
for the install and to get going) and the fact that I've got the Rage128 which
I know
has some issues.

More than anything else, just wanted to report the keyboard foo. I suspect that
upgrading
my XFree86 libs, perhaps my kernel args, and moving to yaboot will solve most of
my
problems. will report as I progress, any hints are welcome...

cheers,