Re: The Mouse do not move when running startx

Subject: Re: The Mouse do not move when running startx
From: Tom Tarka (tommy@mp3.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 13:53:14 MST

Jano Salas Alarcon wrote:

> Hi I need help whith the yellow dog installation.
>
> I have a G4 Macintosh/400 mghz/128MB RAM/ MacOs 8.6
> and i have install Yellow Dog on it...
>
> The sistems Boots (with the "vmlinux.ibook.9" kernel
> image on the MacOs system folder , it do not work with
> the "vmlinux"kernel image...) well, the problem
> apears when i run startx THE MOUSE DO NOT MOVE...
>
> Already select the "One Button USB Mouse" optinon on
> the Yellow Dog mouse configuration setup... and
> nothing.
>
> By the way, is it right that the Yellow Dog boots with
> the "vmlinux.ibook.9" kernel image and not whith the
> "vmlinux" one with the G4 Power Mac?
>
> What can i do?

switch to a virtual console, type (as root):

gpm -k
gpm -t ps/2 -m /dev/mouse -R

and you should be fine. you might need to check that
/dev/mouse is linked to /dev/usbmouse (or something similar)

and you might need to make sure the pointer entry in
/etc/X11/XF86Config looks something like...

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol "PS/2"
    Device "/dev/mouse"
(etc.)

that's all from memory, but I think it should work.

    -t