annoying password expiracy date

Subject: annoying password expiracy date
From: Cyril (cyril.niklaus@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 04:18:18 MST

Hi all,
I seem to have a problem with my normal user since I installed 1.2. No
matter what I do (I mostly played with kuser), I get a message after
login that my password will expire in -n days. What's surprising is that
it does not give me a week in advance warning or anything like that.
It's counting backwards from the day I changed passwords, so in fact
it's telling me my (accepted) password has expired.
What do I have to change in order to remove this message, but also what
causes this problem?

thanks
Cyril