Install problem with 9500/200 and Xwindows

Subject: Install problem with 9500/200 and Xwindows
From: Jim Fitch (Jfitch2@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 16:01:56 MST

Hello All,
Maybe someone has seen this before. I am a newbe to linux, trying to catch
up to the rest of the big dogs. I have 9500/200 Mac with the built in ATI
2mb video, two SCSI 2 gig hard drives ( the second just for Yellow Dog) and
384mb of ram. I partitioned my 2nd hard drive to have 1.2mb for root/ 500mb
for /usr 300mb for /home and 128mb SWAP. Install went well until the last
part where it sees my video card and then says that it was unable to
configure Xwindows. The only option I have is to continue with out Xwindows
install. I tried to install with the NO Video option checked, No luck. I
can log into Yellow Dog at a command line. I tried to configure
Xconfigurator, after I booted Yellow Dog and got error message. Looks like
the X11 directory is there, just doesn't like something?

Jim Fitch