Re: Install problem with 9500/200 and Xwindows

Subject: Re: Install problem with 9500/200 and Xwindows
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 16:57:55 MST

It may be failing because you're out of disk space on /usr - I would
suggest using your 500mb partition for / and your 1.2gb (I assume it's
not 1.2mb :P) partition for /usr. Try running the "df" command to see
how much free space you have on /usr. Here is what I have:

[root@laura /root]# cd /
[root@laura /]# df -k
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda7 4031422 1093979 2728860 29% /
/dev/hda5 2043247 1307376 735871 64% /mnt/macvol
[root@laura /]# du -cks *
5406 bin
10942 boot
108 dev
2020 etc
34665 home
14215 lib
12 lost+found
1304361 mnt
du: proc/644/fd/4: No such file or directory
0 proc
17873 root
4820 sbin
31 tmp
926719 usr
77092 var
2398264 total

As you can see I just have one partition for linux, which is not really
a good idea. I have a fairly stock 1.1 installation (with kernel
source), and my /usr needs 927mb and everything else totals 167mb. (The
huge amount for /mnt is my MacOS volume.)

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

- Leo Tolstoy