Re: YUP 0.6.0

Subject: Re: YUP 0.6.0
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 01:14:12 MST

> 1) one thing that yup updated was my kernel. do I need to do anything
> other than a reboot to use the updated one? (I've rebooted...)

You can copy the new 'vmlinux' in /boot to your system folder. It
shouldn't be a big deal unless you are getting module version warnins.

> 2) if I want to disconnect something from yup, like sendmail when I
> start experimenting with 8.10, how do I do that?

I don't think this has been implimented. Perhaps something like a

--exclude sendmail

option would work great. :)

> --
> --
> Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui@plaidworks.com)
> Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq@apple.com)
>
> And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
> and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/