Re: Apache Server Config problems

Subject: Re: Apache Server Config problems
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 01:21:36 MST

As already mentioned, check the permissions on the top level home
directories. The default (at least with CS 1.2) is drwx------ At
a minimum, you need to turn on the execute bit for other in order
for the pages to be accessible.

Some other things to check...

Do you have the NameVirtualHost directive set?
Does the DirectoryIndex directive include index.html?
Is the UserDir directive set to public_html?
Did you restart apache after firing up named with these domains?

Jim

Tom King's bits of Fri, 24 Mar 2000 translated to: