Quake 3 Arena for PPC Linux

Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:34:39 +1300

Attention TerraSoft Inc guys,

I was just reading this article regarding Quake 3 Arena (specifially the
Linux version - http://www.shugashack.com/extras/quake3_linux/) and here was
a damn interesting (and sad) point:

Question: Are you/id likely to make any ports for Mac linux?

Answer: I've been asked about PPC Linux support, but until there is hardware
glX OpenGL available for that platform, there isn't much point in doing a
port. I will probably copy over the code and build a dedicated server for
it, tho.

Is there anything you guys can do? Cool, we get a server, but no client!!!!
Alot of today's posts have been about not lagging behind Lintel ;)

--
Evan Read

Linux -- "it is computing, Jim, but not as we know it" YellowDogLinux - Linux for the PowerPC - http://www.yellowdoglinux.com