Re: Install on Yosemite

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Mon, 3 May 1999 14:05:20 -0600 (MDT)

Make sure you are using "no video driver". Also if it ahngs at the
beginning of the boot, just try again. We're working on a more stable
kernel. The current code used to get around the pci problems introduced by
the B&Ws needs a rewrite which we're working on. Hopefully we'll have a
better kernel shortly.

 On Mon, 3 May 1999, Phil wrote:

> I am trying to install Champion 1.0 on a 300Mhz B&W.
>
> I have grabbed the updated installer and kernel (and renamed the ramdisk
> file appropriately) but am encountering difficulties upon rebooting. When I
> select Linux from the BootX app, (with the YDL CD in the CD Drive) I just
> get a screen that says "Booting....." and that is it. It just stops there.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Phil Borawski
> University of Texas at Dallas
> bphilip@utdallas.edu