Re : Install on Yosemite

Sylvain Laurent (sylvain.laurent@polytechnique.fr)
Mon, 03 May 1999 22:45:43 +0200

I installed YD on my Yosemite 300 MHz, and I encountered the same problem
when I unchecked the "no video driver" box
So, you have to check it so that Linux uses the video as it was set up by
MacOS (it keeps this mode even in the console display).
This way, you can make XWindow work by configuring XF86Config (manually
because Xconfigurator isn't able to see the correct amount of VRAM of the
ATI RAGE 128) to use the XF68_FBDev server with the video mode you had under
MacOS.
So XWindow works at any size and bit depth available for your card (in fact
every mode MacOS allows you to set), but it's very SLOOOOOWWWWWW ! Bearly
useable...
I hope someone will develop a native driver for the RAGE 128...