Re: X on BlueG3

Kevyn Shortell (kevyn@apple.com)
Wed, 5 May 1999 17:33:51 -0700

I am using the Xpmac server on my B&W G3 and am quite happy with it.
What I did was modfify my xdm config files to use a differant server.

You can do this by editing /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers

and changing the config from :
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X

to:
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/Xpmac

running xdm from the command line, brings up the xlogin screen
for user control, although I have my machine defaulting to init 5
which starts the xdm process automatically.

Hope this helps!

Kevyn

At 5:13 PM -0700 5/5/99, Taska Harnischfeger wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I think I remember that some people on this list got X running on
>their blue G3's somehow, but I don't remember how. I have a blue
>G3 with yellowdog sucessfully running, have updated all of the
>XFree86 modules, am using the FBDev server, and have mucked around
>with the XF86Config file for countless hours. What am I missing?
>
>Thanks very much,
>Taska

Kevyn Shortell Developer Technical Support
Mac OS/UNIX Systems Engineer Apple Computer, Inc
kevyn@apple.com http://developer.apple.com/games
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left"