Re: Burning a CD

Carlos Antonio Perez (carlos@cs.buap.mx)
Thu, 6 May 1999 15:50:21 -0500 (CDT)

        Dan,

        Thanks for the advice. Though, this does not seem to be the
problem. I used the same image to install via ftp (mounting the image
through a loopback device on the intel machine I mentioned), on a G3
connected to our network. Just to be sure, I tried installing on the G3
with the CD. It wouldn work: same problem.
        It seems that when I installed
via ftp, the install-script loaded an image that contained pdisk (the
macintosh disk partitioner that dates back to Mklinux), and when I
installed from the CD it loaded an image that contained fdisk (the utility
widely used on the i386 linux world). This seems strange since both the CD
and the ftp server had the same image. Yet I thoroughly checked, using the
shell on the second terminal.

        After reading your mail I checked the image. fdisk appears where
you suggested RedHat/instimage/usr/bin , pdisk only (and fdisk) appears on
misc/src/update_trees/initrd/usr/bin/
and
/misc/src/trees/supp/usr/bin/

Both directories seem to be under valid instimages.

        What should I do? Replace RedHat/instimage/usr/bin with one of
the other directories and remake the CD?
        Would this work?
        Thanks for past advice and in advance for any you may give.