Re: X on a B&W g3 and a few install comments.

Mark Lin (mlin@MPI-Softtech.Com)
Sun, 9 May 1999 14:20:59 -0500 (CDT)

Get the XF86Config file from yellowdog's ftp site in
the xconfig directory. Take a look at the file and make sure your config
file also has the "DefaultColorDepth" line defined. For example,
I'm running 1600x1200 at 32bpp so I have:
DefaultColorDepth 32

This fixed the problems I had with getting the X11 to run.
Everything else you're doing seems correct.

I too had problems with the xfs package when the package tries to add
a the "xfs" user to the group file. Is something wrong with the package?

--
Mark Lin
MPI Software Technology, Inc.