Re: New Blue and White G3 Kernel

Josep M. Lucas (jm.lucas@qf.ub.es)
Mon, 10 May 1999 11:48:07 +0200

Dan,

I have tested the new version of 2.2.6 kernel. It seems to be OK, but I
can't boot yet with RAM greater than 640Mb. In fact, this is not a great
problem now, as we are testing the blue G3. But our intention is get the
full capabilities of this machine, using 1Gb of RAM. I don't know if
the limit of RAM is a feature of Linux itself or only due to the
experimental nature of the B&W kernel. Can you give me any idea?

Thanks for your help, and for all the YellowDog distribution.

Josep M. Lucas