Re: postgresql

JP Rosevear (jpr@arcavia.com)
Mon, 10 May 1999 21:37:13 +0000

Rich Cavanaugh wrote:

> I know postgres issues were brought up earlier, but I saw no real
> resolution. I'm using postgres 6.4.2, php 3.0.7 and apache 1.3.6.
> When ever pg_cmdTuples is called the httpd segfaults (11). pg_cmdTuples
> seems to be the only function that causes this (I wouldn't be all too
> shocked if I was wrong), this function calls pq_cmdtuples in libpq. Any
> ideas?

Yes, there seem to be an inordinate number of invalid tuples coming back
from the db. My problem was that dropping a database died and wouldn't
finish. Dan thinks these are glibc 2.1 related problems. I wasn't able
to get a satisfactory resolution unfortunately. I tried 6.3.2, 6.4.2
(with and with out features) plus SRPMS and RPMS from ydl and LinuxPPC-R5
to no avail.

-JP