web serving

John (webmaster@indra.seanet.com)
Tue, 18 May 1999 11:45:49 -0700

Hello all...

Well overall I am very happy with champion 1.0 . I purchased it to switch my dual processor S900 to linux so I could run apache, php, ssl, and a sql database. However, I cannot get the ssl stuff to compile openssl and modssl, and their appears to be problems with both mysql and postgress.

I am new to linux, and want to build a stable, effective server. Because of the complexity of the issues with linux on the ppc (and the above named programs) I am leaning towards building an AMD linux box, as it appears that the apps I need will compile and run without trouble on a pc.

So, what can I do to get the ssl stuff working (which is crucial), and what is the status of a working sql database? I would rather use my S900 than shell out the cash for a pc, but I dont have a lot of time to devote to making the stuff work.

And thanks again yellowdog for the cool cd and distribution...

john