Re: web serving

Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Tue, 18 May 1999 13:10:12 -0600

> problems with both mysql and postgress.

John,

Postgres comes on the cd - I'm not sure how well it works, but it is there.
What are the problems with it?

> So, what can I do to get the ssl stuff working (which is crucial)

The latest version of OpenSSL and mod_ssl do compile. OpenSSL will compile
if you modify the aix-gcc configuration file in the perl Configure file:

"aix-gcc", "gcc:-O2 -DAIX -DB_ENDIAN::BN_LLONG RC4_CHAR:::",

to look like this:

"ydl-gcc", "gcc:-O2 -DB_ENDIAN::BN_LLONG RC4_CHAR:::",

then type "perl Configure ydl-gcc" and it will be configured. It compiled
and tests fine on my ydl box.

As far as mod_ssl I couldn't get it to compile as a DSO but it worked fine
compiled right into Apache - instructions on how to install it are in the
install file.

php 3.0.7 also built just fine as a DSO.

Hope that helps at all - any questions?

--
Darron
darron@calgary.westworld.ca - WestWorld Computers