adb_buttons

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Tue, 18 May 1999 18:06:18 -0600 (MDT)

Ok,

I think I've finally discovered how to do mouse emulation :)

The kernel argument adb_buttons seems to be in this syntax:

adb_buttons=<button1>,<button2>,<button3>,<buttonX>

So.. if I had adb_buttons=1,61,62

The second mouse button could be emulated using the Down Arrow key
(I know this isn't pratical.. it's just an example :).

The third mouse button could be emulated using the Up Arrow key.
(again these keys would be strange, so dont use my example :)

To determine what key codes you should set for the keys you want to
emulate mouse button 2 and/or 3, take alook at /usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/mac

Copy mac-us-ext.kmap.gz to something temporary, ungzip the file and view
the contents... I have yet to determine what keycodes the Option, Control,
and Command keys are.. (it shouldn't be to hard to determine.. I'm just
busy doing other things :)

Let me know if this works..

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.