Re: Blue G3 X server problem

Ron Thompson (rthompson@apple.com)
Mon, 24 May 1999 14:58:23 -0700

Excellent! I got the X server started! Even ran a little Afterstep!
Now if I could just get another resolution other than 640x480, it may
actually impress some people here! hehe...

What I did was:
First thing, I tried what Michael suggested. X was linked to Xwrapper, so I
changed it to Xpmac, that of course did not resolve my problem, but it
probably helped with the end result.
Next, (as what Dan suggested) I checked the ntsysv, and sure enough xfs was
not checked. So I checked it, and because I was impatient, I went into
XF86Config and commented the font path out (it was such an odd font path
anyways), and sure enough, it came up nicely!
  8-)
Thanks for all your help, guys! And if anyone has a solution to higher
resolutions, post it here, I'll be watching!
  -Ron (One happy camper)