problems w/ 1.o install

Andrew Diller (dillera@gse.upenn.edu)
Thu, 27 May 1999 15:45:58 -0400

Hello:

some problems with an install on a Beige g3:

1. you have to reboot after writing the disk partitions in fdisk

2. after install, i couldn't configure my mouse

None of the configs worked except Networking and Password.

I had to exit, and it didn't even tell me the device name of my root!

Are there known problems with your installer that comes with 1.0 cdroms?

THis is a beige g3, with the internal 6 gig ide just for linux, and an
external 1 gig scsi with 8.5.

I make a partiton for: /, var, tmp, usr and home.

-andy

--

Andrew Diller System Administrator ISC - SOS Graduate School of Education University of Pennsylvania 3-5423