Can't get 21041 recognized during install

William R. Dickson (wrd@awenet.com)
Sat, 29 May 1999 21:35:45 -0700

Hi all,

I've booted into the YDL installer for an FTP install, and I'm having
trouble getting it to recognize my ethernet card. I'm presented with a
list of drivers to try, including four Digital drivers. I've got an Asante
10NIC card with a Digital 21041 on it. According to the YDL support page,
it supports:

     MACE, BMAC, BMAC+, and DEC 21041 ethernet interfaces

The 21041 doesn't appear in the list, though. The 21040 (tulip) does, but
that one doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas? I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd@awenet.com   < >   http://www.awenet.com/~wrd/   < >   ICQ: 14117523

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying. -Woody Allen