Some questions for all

Subject: Some questions for all
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 19:40:50 MST

Hey all,

Some questions:

1) Dan or anyone, have the 2.2.12 RPMS with all the automatic and keyboard
configuration (in light of my last problem) tools come out yet? Perhaps I
wasn't watching close enough and missed the release, but I remember you wer=
going to ship some tools. I have decided I would like a care-free kernel
upgrade ;)

2) How, in this type of system, skip having to enter in root password when
SUing to root? In an old slackware-esque system a file called /etc/SUAUTH
would have "user:root:NOPASS" in it and that would allow user to SU to root
without the labor of entering in a password for it. I tried that with YDL
but to no avail (unless I need to run something to get the changes to take
place. I did logout before trying to use it. Maybe I screwed something.

3) Unreal Tournament: does it run under YDL? I noticed a Linux download is
available but can't find any Linux-specific information (55 megs is too muc=
to find an Intel-binary)

4) Provided I get the 2.2.12 kernel up and running like a charm: where can =
find information on getting USB printing working? Been looking all over th=
place. I specifically have an Epson 740 and will be trying to get it hooke=
up to a RevB iMac.

That's it! Thanks

Ev.

--
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

=8B Edmund Burke, 19th-century philosopher