Re: G4 Weirdness

Subject: Re: G4 Weirdness
From: Kevyn Shortell (kevyn@apple.com)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 12:05:56 MST

You upgraded to Mac OS9 didn't you? =)

Mac OS 9 has disk drivers that are incompatable with Linux, you need
to downrev the disk driver by using Drive Setup from 8.6 and
"Update Driver".

Kevyn

At 10:58 AM -0800 11/3/99, Tom Tarka wrote:
>This is a wierd one.
>
>Something, I'm not sure what, happened to my G4 running YDL that, even with
>the BootX arguments
>"hda=noautotune", my machine gets a DMA timeout on hda. AFAICT, I haven't
>changed anything!
>
>I am running the latest version of BootX (for OS 9), and I have this
>problem regardless of kernel version
>(have tried 2.2.6 and 2.2.12).
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,

Kevyn Shortell Worldwide Developer Relations
Technology Manager Apple Computer, Inc
kevyn@apple.com http://developer.apple.com/
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left"