Re: One monitor, two computers?

Subject: Re: One monitor, two computers?
From: Urs Hochstrasser (hochstrasser@cyberlink.ch)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 12:28:06 MST

Hi,

I know that is just opiniion, but F-Secure has a sort of crappy
Microsoft GUI feel to it, and the website didn't give me the
impression that the company was very Mac-centric. I just used the
trial version until I found NiftyTelnet with SSH. Since I only need
that SSH-Telnet feature, and no tunneling, I am very happy with it.

In the meantime I got my Mac to work as an X-terminal for my MkLinux
7100 (With TNTx) . Works well, but it's quite slow. Was just worth a
try,,,

Cheers
--Urs

Kevin Shortell wrote:
>I would not advocate spending any money on F-Secure SSH for the
>Macintosh, It has not been updated in over a year, and is quite
>buggy on newer versions of the Mac OS.
>
>Having actually PAID for 5 copies, and not having Data Fellows ever
>even bother to update it, was rather annoying.
>
>Their tactic is to come up with an entirely new product, based on SSH2
>which you'd have to pay another $99 for.
>
>Kevyn
>
>(Note, these are my personal opinions, not Apple's)

Urs Hochstrasser Urs.Hochstrasser@unibas.ch
Botanical Institute, Hebelstrasse 1, CH-4056 BASEL
SWITZERLAND Phone +41 61 267 23 07