Re: Office Suite

Subject: Re: Office Suite
From: Jared Benedict (jbenedic@zoo.uvm.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 20:07:51 MST

I just asked this question on the LinuxPPC List and for a free product
everyone recommended AbiWord. I guess it's going to be an "office suite"
in the future but now it's just a word processor. It can apparently open
word documents and has enough features for me.

Their sight is here: http://www.abisource.com The sight doesn't say that
PPC is officially working but from what I heard it works fine. The latest
LinuxPPC cd came with the RPM and it installed and works fine on Yellow Dog.

I've heard mixed reviews about ApplixWare and it's way too expensive.

_jared