Re: 1.1 upgrade problems

Subject: Re: 1.1 upgrade problems
From: perry (perryp@shore.net)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 10:09:10 MST

>If you're able to boot into single user mode, then you're in as root.
>init level 1 still mounts the / partition as rw, so root should be able
>to edit those files. If it complains about the file being read only,
>use the ":w!" convention to tell vi "write, dammit!".

tried this, and it wouldn't do it. seems that it's not mounting / as
read-write, but as read-only.

>However, now that I think about it, I think I read somewhere in the YDL docs
>that a re-install would be better than an ugrade 'cause there's some sort
>of problems that can occur... there was no explanation of the sorts of
>problems.

can someone from terrasoft confirm this before i go ahead and reinstall? i
couldn't find anything about upgrading other than what's in the readme file
- which only states that you need to reset the passwords in single user
mode because of changes in how authentication is done in 1.1.

thanks
-perry