iMac install problems

Subject: iMac install problems
From: Sam Moore (sam@ewcreative.com)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 07:03:33 MST

Hi folks.
I'm trying to install CS 1.1 on a spankin' new 333MHz iMac (I suppose
it's a Rev D). This is not my first YDL install, but so far it's the
most difficult :/
I've upgraded BootX to 1.1.3; downloaded the upcd_ramdisk.image.gz and
various kernels up to 2.2.10; and (I think) understood the instructions
at http://www.imaclinux.net/ and here's where I am now:
At install time, I get the RedHat installer (YDL flavor) and can tab
through and answer questions up until the screen that asks me to select
a disk formatting too ()Disk Druid or fdisk). At this screen, the TAB,
ALT-TAB and SPACEBAR stop working. Oddly, F12 still works - so that all
I can do is accept the selection of Disk Druid, read the screen that
says DiskDruid is inappropriate for my setup, say "OK" to that, and go
back to the screen where you select a disk tool again. I can't tab over
to select fdisk, and of course I can't continue the install past that
point.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.
TIA,
-sam