Re: AbiWord

Subject: Re: AbiWord
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 21:46:10 MST

on 6/11/99 17:34, David Barnum at barnum81@earthlink.net wrote:

> I read earlier that abiword will run on ppc, I downloaded the intel RPM, =
there
> was no PPC one, and it does not compile, did I grab the right one..or wha=
> Dave
>=20

Well, you can't grab the intel RPM and expect it to compile, period. I am
sure there WASN'T a PPC RPM. That is a fact of life. Are you talking
source or binary RPM anyways? Don't confuse the two.

Get the source tar.gz and compile it yourself. It is really easy and it
compiles nicely (unlike some other stuff I have had to "massage" lately).

Ev.

--
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

=8B Edmund Burke, 19th-century philosopher