Fatal Server error: No valid modes found

Subject: Fatal Server error: No valid modes found
From: harlan (harlan@slip.net)
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 10:13:32 MST

I'm having trouble with the X-Server on my YellowDog Champion Server 1.1
running on a WallStreet CPU (via external scsi)

I shut down the Linux server (cleanly) to boot into MacOS. When I
attempted to boot back into Linux ( automatically starts X-Server)
I get the following message repeated endlessly. I was able to
pause the output (with ctl-s) to copy down the screen.

I have MkLinux installed on the same system and can still boot into
MkLinux.

Any idea how to fix the X-Server on the YellowDog Champion 1.1 server ?

Thanks,

...Harlan

Fatal Server error:
No valid modes found.

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last message.

XFree86 Version 3.3.3.1 / X Window System
Release Date: January 4, 1999
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
        than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
        problems. (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Linux 2.2.6 ppc [ELF]
Configured drivers:
   FBDev: Server for frame buffer device
   (Patchlevel 10): mfb, afb, cfb8, cfb16, cfb32, NCR 77C32BLT (accel),
ATA Mach64 (accel), IMS Twin Turbo (accel)
(using VT number 7)

XF86Config: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config
(**) stands for supplied, (--) stands for probed/default values
(**) XKB: keycodes: "macintosh"
(**) XKB: types: "default"
(**) XKB: compat: "default"
(**) XKB: symbols: "macintosh/us"
(**) XKB: geometry: "macintosh"
(**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
(**) XKB: model: "pc101"
(**) Mouse: type: BusMouse, device: /dev/mouse, buttons: 3
(**) FBDev: Graphics device ID: "Generic Frame Buffer Device"
(**) FBDev: Monitor ID: "Unknown"
(**) FontPath set to "unix/:-1"
(**) FBDev: Using XF86Config video mode database

Fatal Server error:
No valid modes found.

 ... repeated endlessly ...