Installer Hanging up... Why?

Subject: Installer Hanging up... Why?
From: matthew (matthew@arctic.nmt.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 13:07:49 MST

I have a PowerMac Blue&White G3, very new - so i think it's revision 2 -
and i've had problems with the RedHat installer on the YDL 1.1 CD hanging
up on installing packaging.

I've been able to install bootx as according to the PDF manual, set up the
partition map using fdisk, etc. ...everything goes well until it starts
actually installing packages. It's hung up 3 times doing this, forcing to
hard reboot, zap the PRAM, and on occasion reformat the drive, reinstall
the MacOS and try again... It hangs up on a different package each time.
I'm installing the default selection of packages.

Has anyone run into this? What might I be missing?

thanks,
matt

matthew bradley // mailto:matthew@ee.nmt.edu
finger for // http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~matthew/