Re: Howto procced with: Apache, PERL, PHP, mySQL, etc.

Subject: Re: Howto procced with: Apache, PERL, PHP, mySQL, etc.
From: Patrick Larkin (larkin@enter.net)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 07:12:35 MST

I used the same set of instuctions. I had a real problem with the default
install of Apache (the php install needs the src tree of apache, which I
couldn't find.) I had much better luck reinstalling YDL and choosing NOT to
install Apache. Then, I downloaded each set of source files, compiled, and
installed them. Works great.

I had one problem. I couldn't find a ppc binary distribution for MySQL. I
downloaded the source, it compiled perfectly and installed fine but it
didn't install in the /usr/local/mysql directory. It put the executables in
/usr/local/bin so I couldn't change the owner to mysql as the instructions
indicate. (I tried changing the default install dir as per the README but
the compilation seemed to hang up every time I tried.

My $.02

Patrick