Re: Howto procced with: Apache, PERL, PHP, mySQL, etc.

Subject: Re: Howto procced with: Apache, PERL, PHP, mySQL, etc.
From: Lindsay Adams (lindsay.adams@centravision.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 12:53:05 MST

>I used the same set of instuctions. I had a real problem with the default
>install of Apache (the php install needs the src tree of apache, which I
>couldn't find.) I had much better luck reinstalling YDL and choosing NOT to
>install Apache. Then, I downloaded each set of source files, compiled, and
>installed them. Works great.
>
>I had one problem. I couldn't find a ppc binary distribution for MySQL. I
>downloaded the source, it compiled perfectly and installed fine but it
>didn't install in the /usr/local/mysql directory. It put the executables in
>/usr/local/bin so I couldn't change the owner to mysql as the instructions
>indicate. (I tried changing the default install dir as per the README but
>the compilation seemed to hang up every time I tried.

the ppc.rpm for mysql is linked from the the yellowdoglinux.com website.
it probably appears in the yellowdog ftp mirrors as well.

check in /software/devel
that's where i got it.

I don't think it has been put on the general linuxppc mirrors at all.
Lindsay Adams IS Manager, Reno Facility
Advanced Digital Information Corp. 775 824-2611 * Fax 824-2626
                 lindsay.adams@centravision.com