RE: pci devices & raid questions

Subject: RE: pci devices & raid questions
From: Daniel Linsley (linsleyd@educserver.educ.csus.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 14:16:49 MST

There's a peculiar oddity about the PM 9500 with the current linux kernels
that I've noticed. The 9500 has 2 PCI buses, the MacOS handles both busses
fine, but I haven't been able to make linux reconize the second bus. So
that means you'll only beable to use the upper three of the six PCI slots in
linux.

If anyone has been able to use the other PCI slots, I'd like to know how,
cause I may need to use them in the future.

Daniel Linsley

Assistant ITC for the College of Education at CSU Sacramento
<dlinsley@csus.edu>
(916) 278-4004