another newbie question

Subject: another newbie question
From: Joseph Clark (josephcl@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 16:26:45 MST

So, after taking all the advice I got the other day, I
did successfully get my YDL-powerd IMac to dial into
my ISP via ppp.

However, it only works from my root account, not from
my standard user account. I'm using KDE and kppp to
dial in, and when I open it as a mere user, it says
somethign about pppd not being installed. Which it is.
Also, the configuration for my ISP that I created as
root is not available to me as a user, so I had to
re-enter information. My question is: Is there an easy
way to make my "preferences" that I set up as root
available to some or all users? And why would pppd be
available to root but not to a user. Thanks for any
help you can offer.

I promise, months from now I will come back and give
advice to NEW newbies. I swear.

thanks,
-joe