Image files, CD-Rs, and WinTEL systems

Subject: Image files, CD-Rs, and WinTEL systems
From: Deque Alpha (deque_alpha@excite.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 18:57:29 MST

I cannot get a source CD I create to work (mount) on my Powerbook G3. I have
tried burning from the image file on the ftp to no avail. The system I am
using to create the CD is an IBM clone running NT 4.0. I cannot find a
single piece of software that natively recognizes the image file format, but
Nero Burning ROM has options to do raw writes, which still don't work. I
have tried writing it as simple raw data (despite errors about cluster size
mismatch) as an ISO 9660 and as an HFS volume. I can see the
'yellowdog_install' volume label through system profiler, but they will not
mount. I have also simply downloaded the distro and wrote the entire
directory structure to a CD using loose ISO 9660 formatting (to accommodate
for longer file names) still with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance-
Quentin Hartman