Re: another newbie question

Subject: Re: another newbie question
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 21:36:44 MST

Sounds like you need to set the UID bit. This will allow kppp to run as
root (which it has to) even when launched by a user.

If you want to use the KDE interface, go into /usr/bin and right mouse click
(or hit keypad "=" key) on kppp and find "Permissions" in the box that comes
up.

Tick the Set UID box. Also make sure that kppp is executable to owner,
group AND others.