Re: fdisk install probs

Subject: Re: fdisk install probs
From: Eric Bickford (eric@webfm.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 11:50:19 MST

>After a couple of times I just ignored the error, shut the power off,
>restarted it & installed - the partition table was written despite the
>reported error and it works just fine.

I, however, can't get past Figure 5.13 on page 5.15. It drops me into
"segmentation fault... install exited.. you may safely reboot...". I can
see that the root and swap have been created, but I can't go any farther.

Also, since I have a whole SCSI drive I want to initialize and use for
YDL, why can't I use Disk Duid? The installer won't let me since it see's
Mac partitions.

Thanks for any help. I do have a Jaz drive attached as well. Anyone know
if Jaz is supported hardware?

Eric Bickford eric@webfm.com
Web Broadcasting http://webfm.com/