Re: fdisk install probs

Subject: Re: fdisk install probs
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 12:15:25 MST

Disk Druid doesn't work on ppc, and I think fdisk on ppc is a link to
pdisk, which is similar but not exactly the same, since fdisk is meant
for Intel architecture.

I remember having trouble with this part of the install but I don't
remember _exactly_ how I fixed it. If you make any change to the
partition table you must restart, so the key is to step over the
partitioning the second time through - perhaps F12???.

The Jaz should work as a scsi drive. I have a Zip - the kernel gets
confused about the drive size if there's no media in it when you boot
up, but it seems to work fine regardless.

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

-- C.F. Kettering