Re: iMac DV - Anyone tried this?

Subject: Re: iMac DV - Anyone tried this?

Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 16:06:10 MST

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Russ W. Urquhart wrote:

> Has anyone here installed YDL on a new iMac DV? Are there anything special
> gotcha's we should be aware of? Any additional hardware we should purchase?
> (I was probably going to recommend to her to get another mouse, probably a
> 3-button variety, any suggestions?)

lets see :) The iMac DV is not supported under Linux, in fact its pretty
dire since BootX doesn't even work right :) I have put together a small
boot loader thats letting me boot it via OpenFirmware, BUT, there is a lot
fo work that needs to be done, I'm currently hacking away trying to get it
to see the PCI controller :) btw. if anyone has info on the openpic send
it my way :)

John Buswell
iMacLinux