Re: BootX 1.2b2 posted (fwd)

Subject: Re: BootX 1.2b2 posted (fwd)
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt (bh40@calva.net)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 02:12:55 MST

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999, Dan Burcaw <dburcaw@terraplex.com> wrote:

>Does this fix the problem I reported of no backside cache being used on G3's
>that was introduced sometime between BootX 1.1.1 and BootX 1.1.3?

I couldn't reproduce this problem here at that time, but I have new
machines on which I can test this week. I didn't do anything special to
fix this but a lot of code was rewritten in 1.2, so it might be fixed.
Could you remind me on which configuration the problem happened ?

BTW. Please move to yellowdog-devel or linuxppc-dev, I'm not subscribed
to yellowdog-general.