Re(2): Ethernet cards and yellowdog

Subject: Re(2): Ethernet cards and yellowdog
From: Frank M. Lazar (fmlazar@copytoneonline.com )
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 13:57:30 MST

ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com writes:
>I use a Farallon Fast EtherTX 10/100 which works great BUT not with the
>stock kernel - you have to get the latest "tulip.c" sources and
>recompile the kernel _and_ modules, making the stock dec chipset driver
>modular, then modprobe the tulip. If you want details let me know.

I'd appreciate it. I've never recompiled a kernel in Linux, and it's been
a while since I've done it through anything other than a menu based
system. How well does this card work on the Mac side? I'd also like to
be able to do IP masquerade and netatalk through it.

Frank Lazar Technical Manager
Copytone Visual Communications
fmlazar@copytoneonline.com www.copytoneonline.com
Voice:212-575-0235 Fax:212-764-0985